Welcome! I’d love to tell you about my practice and how I may be a good fit for you.
I have four main areas of specialty in my practice listed below. Take a look to learn more about why I love my work and how I can help you.
Survivors of Trauma
Clients who feel “stuck”
I’m a native Houstonian and I love this city, minus the humidity and mosquitoes. I earned a BA in Psychology from Trinity University in San Antonio and I attended the University of Houston – Clear Lake and received a Masters in Clinical Psychology.
In additional to my private practice, I work at the UT Health Center for Neurobehavioral Research on Addiction as a counselor (2010-present). I provide psychological assessment and outpatient treatment for adults with addiction and co-occurring mental illness (depression, anxiety, posttraumatic stress, trauma). When working with me you can expect that I will employ one (or several) of the following types of “talk therapy:”
- Motivational interviewing (MI)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (specific to trauma/PTSD)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- CBT-I (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia)
What you can expect from me:
- We’re going to start at wherever you are at, with a whole lot of compassion. I recognize you’re not where you want to be. I recognize that you’re stuck.
- I’m professional with a casual and warm style of therapy.
- I’m going to say more than just “uh huh” and “that’s interesting” because if you wanted to talk to a brick wall, there’s one outside our building that you can consult with for free 🙂
- You can expect humor, empathy, and a genuine desire on my part to understand.
- Transparency. I’m no magician. I have no tricks up my sleeve. I have therapeutic techniques and skills and a strong desire to help you create the life you want. I have found that many individuals seeking counseling have experienced a profound loss of trust in the world and sometimes those closest to them. I’m going to let you know what the plan is and what’s happening every step of the way.